"Now about the work, I do not doubt it has its faults, but neither do I doubt that I am not entirely wrong, and that I shall succeed, though it be after a long period of seeking."
Vincent van Gogh
19 August 1883
This section will serve as the "archives" of The Vincent van Gogh Gallery. Material which doesn't readily fit into any of the other main categories will be held here as a reference for the visitor.
|Reminiscences About Van Gogh
- Maps of Locations Where Van Gogh Lived: Vincent van Gogh lived in four different countries encompassing twenty cities and villages. These maps pinpoint the areas where the artist lived and worked.
- Mariella Guzzoni has written a very well researched and engaging article about the 2022 Van Gogh olive groves exhibition at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- Vincent van Gogh: A Literary Life by Evert van Uitert: An in-depth exploration of how literature influenced Vincent van Gogh throughout his lifetime.
- Jewish Connections: This article, originally published in The Detroit Jewish News explores the Jewish links in Van Gogh's life.
- "The Isolated Ones": Vincent van Gogh: By Albert Aurier. The first major critique of Van Gogh's work and one of the only ones to be published in his lifetime.
- The Arles Petition: Full text of the petition to request confinement of Vincent van Gogh--signed by some citizens of Arles, France, 1889.
- "A Stranger on the Earth": Vincent van Gogh's first Sunday sermon. Delivered in Isleworth, England on 29 October 1876.
- Memoir of J. van Gogh-Bonger: By V. W. van Gogh.
- "Artists" by Octave Mirbeau.
- Van Gogh in the Attic by Dick Bouwman.
|Companion to the Complete Letters Section
Return to main Van Gogh Gallery page